How many times should a baby of 5 months pee in a day?

My baby of 5 months who is formula fed doesnot pee the whole night,she drinks around 150-200ml a day and sweats too much. She is irritated these days, she keeps on asking water but im afraid to give more. Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your 5 month old is asking for water? Huh? 200ML is only 6 oz.!! So the baby only gets 200ml a day. She is dehydrated. The baby should be having 4-5 feedings every 24 hours, averaging 6-8 oz. (200-237ml) PER FEEDING! For a total of 28-40 oz (828- 1193 ml)
    PER DAY! GO TO SIMILAC.com http://similac.com/pdf/Feeding_Tracker.pdf

It has a chart on how much formula the baby needs. You will have to convert oz-ml (just google "oz to ml")

**You can give the baby a small amount 1-2 oz water during the day (boil it & cool it!)

PLEASE also have the baby see a Dr.!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• you should get 6-8 wet diapers a day. 5 month olds don't need water all she needs is formula and she should be getting more formula then that it is recommended 4-6 5 oz feedings a day or 20-30 oz or 600-900 ml. Why is she sweating so much that might be why you are seeing less wet diapers. If she isn't interested in eating talk to her ped because something might be wrong with her medically.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• She can ask for water? If she is thirsty give her more. You can give water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Six to eight wet diapers a day. Babies need only formula, no water.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I am now caring for my 5 mold grandson and was wondering about urinating too much also. My youngest is 12 so I am slightly out of tune. But my grandson pees out of his diaper atleast 2x a night-I mean full body and sheet change. And then I have to change him at least every hour-2 possibly during the day. He eats solids 2x a day and probably drinks soy formula 6 oz 5-6 x a day. Any ideas?
    mama520

Answer by mama520 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2013