If you have sex every OTHER day approx how many months would it take to get pregnan

We really really want to have a fourth child and are getting impatient instead of just starting to have sex during my fertile time we just have sex every other day Til I'm pregnant. On average how many months will it take. I'm 24 hubby is 26

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Eleventy-nine.

Seriously, no one can answer this question.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Well they say 85% of couples trying get pregnant within a year so I thought maybe there was a statistic for those who had sex every other day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• You are actually decreasing your chances by having sex so often because his sperm isn't regenerating that fast. I would look into natural family planning and determine exactly when you are ovulating and time sex for the few days before ovulation. Most fertility doctors won't even do testing unless you have been trying for a year and stressing about it only makes it harder.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Ok I did not know that. I heard it took 36 hours for sperm to regenerate so thought that would be a safe bet that there would always be semen present if an egg was released
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• You need to get your info from a better source. If you have been trying to conceive for six months and have been unsuccessful it recommend that you see your doc.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• We have only been trying a couple months. Does anyone know if every three days would be more beneficial ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• This question needs to be asked in the magic ball of answers, no one knows this.......how about just making love and forgetting about getting pregnant....it took me 5 years on an everyday basis...

Answer by older at 9:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• It's hard not to think about it or plan it out I have irregular periods makes it more difficult
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• You are 24. What's the hurry to have your fourth child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• We plan on having two more kids and I don't want to be pregnant after 30 just my personal preference. I also what the kids to be relatively close in age and not have large gaps between ages. Mine are 6, 3 and 1
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2013