prego and gym?

well i just found out that iam pregnant not sure how many week my last period was on Jan. 12th mabe someone can help me with that one too but i have been going to the gym for a little over a month and was just trying to lose a little weight and wondered why i just stayed the same but now that i know that iam pregnant is it ok to go to the gym and is there anything that iam not supposed to do or can i do everything? just dont want to hurt the baby

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 9:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was preggo my doctor told me that working out was safe as long as I wasn't stressing my body more then it was used to. He also advised me not to lift weights as that could be a huge strain on my body one that could impact the baby. He advised that light cardio or medium cardio (depending on what i was used to) was safe as well as pool workouts because that was good for me and soothing for the baby.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 9:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would say the gym is a very good idea ....talk to your doctor about what you should/shouldn't do working out.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 9:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would say the gym is ok just dont go overboard dont lift anything too heavy.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009