Did anyone get sad when they decided not to have more kids?

I don't know why I feel sad. Our lives had been so hard the last few years that we decided we are done having kids. Then everyone around me got pregnant and now it makes me feel sad that I will never experience that again. Is this a normal feeling? Or does it mean that I am really not ready to be done having kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• Kind of got little sad, but then look at my 3 boys on how contempt I am just having them....They keep me busy..But every now and then think bout the regret for a second then it goes away.....I don't regret of getting fixed only sometimes but like I said only for a second.....its normal too feel that way.....You will learn overtime how contempt and blessed you are of just having what you have now....
    Sheri S.

Answer by Sheri S. at 9:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I can't speak for anyone else but I knew I was done. Maybe you aren't. I had my last at 44. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Every now and then I get a little sad, but it's not like this overwhelming sadness that I can't shake. It's more like nostalgia for when my kids were babies, and kind of wishing I could do it again. But then they'll do something totally cool that a baby or little kid can't do, or we'll go somewhere or do something we couldn't if I had a baby/younger kid, or the baby I'm oogling will fill a diaper or cry, and I realize that I'm content with my life as it is. My kids are enough for me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• we keep going back and forth for that very reason. we have a boy and a girl and there's a LOT LOT LOT of outside pressure that we have the ideal family size/structure and to stop. we are fighting that but its hard
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• NoPE! I barely survived my two!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Sometimes I miss when they were babies, but I don't want more. I have 5 and that's more than enough! I look for the positives in them being older, sleeping later, doing more for themselves, etc. and get excited about the things to come - the team sports, camping vacations, etc.

Answer by missanc at 11:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Nope!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I get a little sad that I wont have a girl, but the fear of Another boy is holding me back. I love my boys, but I am pretty sure we are done.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I can't come to grips with the idea of being done, so maybe I'm not.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• @cassie_kellison I feel the same way, but I only have girls and the fear of having another girl is holding me back
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2013