How late can your child be for his shots?

My son is 8 months old and needs his 6 month shots..His doctors office is terrible and im in the process of getting him into a different one. Everytime I make an appt for his shots they say they are all booked up till the next month its ridiculous! Its so frustrating and it makes him later and later....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I make appointments for my children sometimes 3 months in advance. Delaying is no big deal just get the soonest appt. that you can.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• A lot of people intentionally delay. I was one that did when my children were babies/toddlers.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I delayed my kids shots by choice, for a long time.

Answer by missanc at 11:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• its not the timing that matters so long as they get them in the right order (some come in stages like Hep B) and before they start school (you've got a long time before that). my DS was sick at his 18 month check up so they didnt want him to get shots, so now he'll be getting them at his 2 year check up.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Get them asap or the state could get you for neglect and thats no joke take your child to the local health department for shots if you have to but get them done!
    Anonymous

• Better late than never. Just get the next available appointment.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• You don't have to vaccinate at all if you don't want to...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• anon is very wrong, they will NOT take your kids because they are late on their shots. The worst that can happen if your kids are not vaccinated at all is they cant start school-and that is only if you live in MS or WV! My 2 year old has never had a shot, and guess what, I still have her! Don't stress over delaying them, its better to have them spaced out than too close together.
    Watch_me_burn

Answer by Watch_me_burn at 11:47 AM on May. 29, 2013