I Have a sunburn thats going away now peeling...How can i reduce the peeling or stop it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Health

• Just moisturize. It's dead skin & will eventually slough off. Definitely use a moisturizer or suntan lotion with an SPF in it next time. I never did & now have pre-skin cancer lesions on my face that I go to have them burned off, I also had carcinoma on my eyelid & needed reconstructive surgery. If you never listen to anyone else here, please listen to me & use an SPF at least on your face. :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• exfoliate.... it's the dead skin that needs to be sloughed off
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• LOts and lots of moisturizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 9:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• You can't stop the dead skin from coming off. Exfoliation in the shower is a good way to get rid of the dead skin. Also moisturizer and preferably one with sunscreen if skin will be exposed to the sun.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• For future reference, if you spritz vinegar on a sunburn, it takes the fire right out of it. You'll smell like a pickle, but you'll feel a lot better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Aloe and an exfoliating sponge or something. i get burned all the time. There's isn't much you can for it but wait it out. Good luck.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 4:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2013