Friend passed out hair pretties.....

my daughter is in 1st grade and in January and March lice notices came home from school.
Yesterday during school hours a girl who had returned from a vacation brought (???) for the boys and hair bands with gems for the girls. By the days end my daughter had a purple one, even though she is CERTAIN a yellow one was originally given to her

I am furious the teacher let them be passed around, shared, etc etc but my husband wants me to keep my mouth shut since any potential damage is done. thoughts, please? wwyd?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Well kids aren't allowed back in school until they're lice cleared. I wouldn't worry about it tbh.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Also if you're worried, you should have already got a kit & treated her
    funlovinlady

• Kids share worse! Let it go, kids are going to be kids. They don't think the same way we do in terms of germs.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Tempest in a tea pot. Allow her to accept a gift given to her in good faith.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I aree with hubby. There was no harm in the giving of the gifts. The children are the ones who should keep track of their posessions and have beent aught at home to not share hair things.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Drop it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Get tea tree oil and add it to her shampoo and conditioner if you are worried. It's not the teacher's fault.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I agree. What's done is done. Pretty soon our kids aren't going to be allowed to do anything anymore.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Let it go.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2013