What do you put in your homemade granola?

i havent made my own in years. i have some in the oven now and hope im doing it right. i basically just tossed together some oats, brown sugar, honey, vanilla and some flour and then drizzled more honey over the top once it was pressed into the pan. i would love to add things like almonds, dried cranberries and such but i kept it basic so the kids wont see "chunks" in it and be put off by it.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Food & Drink

• DH makes our granola. He uses oats, honey, a little bit of oil, nuts, and after baking, dried fruit. Our kids love it. Then again they love nuts and dried fruit.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Nuts, dried fruit, and toasted coconut.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I have never used flour. My base is oats, honey, and coconut oil. I add any nuts I have on hand, and I add other things like chia seeds, wheat bran, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, coconut, sometimes peanut butter or cocoa (the kids liked the 'chocolate' granola I made recently). I usually use some cinnamon too.

After it is baked I add dried fruit - again, whatever I have on hand - cranberries, raisins, berries, banana chips . . .
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2013