Do you like clocks that make noise?

My boyfriend repairs watches and clocks, and we're both clock enthusiasts, so we have a lot of clocks in our house. He's got a big grandfather clock that chimes every fifteen minutes and strikes on the hour. He and I each have a cuckooclock; his even has a music box on it that plays hourly. I've got an Audubon Society clock with pictures of birds around it, and each hour the clock makes a different bird sound. Then there's the stray clock or two at any given time that we're fostering while it's getting repaired or tested for accuracy. I like all the noise and never really even think about it anymore, but a friend was over last night, and when ten o'clock came around, she said, "Wow! Your house is going off!"

So do any of you have noisy clocks?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Home & Garden

• My Parents house is like that & that's what it was like when we grew up. Tons of coo coo clocks (sp) & a beautiful grandfathers clock. I like them a lot but not for me right now with a baby in the house. We have sheer & utter silence when she's asleep! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Thankfully no! They drive me batty. Lol.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I enjoy interesting clocks at other people's houses, but I wouldn't want to live with the sound.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• We have a grandfather clock and a cocoo clock(how do you spell that?)

Answer by louise2 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Not really. The only one that I like was my great grandfather's clock he had on the mantle at his house on the lake. That and the smell of pipe smoke (tobacco) just instantly take me back to happy childhood memories.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I don't really like anything that makes noise. If the house is totally quiet, even hearing a clock ticking annoys me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• My anxiety goes through the roof with loud noises.. I wouldn't be able to handle a grandfather clock for even an hour.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Only noisy clock we have is the alarm clock lol. Actually, we don't even own a clock. We get the time off the cable box, microwave, stove, cell phone, or tablet lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Nope I hate them haha. We used to spend the weekend at my husbands aunt house every couple of months and I had to ask her if we could take the batteries out of the loud ticking clock that was in or room. I can't sleep with the sound.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I can only deal with white noise. Repetitive noises drive me nuts
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2013