• In the Spotlight:

What is vaginal prolapse?

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 9:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• i dont know i never heard of that.. sorry :(
    Anonymous

• "A vaginal prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal positions. Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually prolapse farther and farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening if their supports weaken enough."

From eMedicine Health
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have a patient who has this. I am not a 100% sure but I think it's when the vaginal muscles become very weak and the vagina kinda turns itself inside out where the cervix is sticking out of the vaginal opening. I think that's what it is.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Alright there's nothing sticking out but a bulge inside of me...
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• That could be vaginal vericose veins. I developed them when I was pregnant, but they don't bother me now. When I was pregnant they would shoot pains through them. Very embarrassing when I would double over and grab my crotch!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thanks Mishelly but I don't have any vericose veins and when I googled it it shows you would have them on the legs as well. Now I'm getting more worried.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Sorry you are worrying! Definitely call your doc & I'll say a prayer for you!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009