Verbally abusive .

My boyfriend and I got into it last night over something so stupid, that led to him calling me mean names. He started saying I looked like a bug, my checks were chubby, I had a big head, etc. I was hurt, so I started saying stuff back. But he had no emotion the whole time. It's like he didn't feel a thing, while I was crying. This isn't his first time doing this. The last time he started name calling, he talked about my weight, and stretch marks.

He's 31. I'm 21.
Is this a red flag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes GET OUT NOW!!!
    Anonymous

• Duh

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Oh, this isn't a red flag. This a an entire freaking field of huge red banners! Do not stay with a man who will speak to you like that. I assure you, it does not get better later.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Get out, baby doll. People don't tear down the ones they love, & I had to learn that the hard way. Hugs!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I think it's extremely immature behavior, but some would call it abusive. Stop and think about how children start name-calling when they get mad. That's what this is--childish behavior--but the answer to your question is that yes, it is a red flag. This child is not yet ready to act like an adult, even if he is 10 years your senior, so my advice is to hightail it and get as far away from him as you possibly can get.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• It is at least a sign that you need someone to teach you both the art of fighting fairly with your loved one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Come on now!!! You should kno it is a RED FLAG.
    If you don't I will tell you. IT IS A RED FLAG. Get out.

Answer by louise2 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• It is childish and immature, and you both need to work on your communication skills if that is what your fights boil down too. I wouldn't stay with a boy that acted like that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• You must know it is or you wouldn't be asking!
    Why are you still with him?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• The biggest red flag is why a 31 year old man who is grown, wants to be with a 21 year old, yes it is a red flag, don't make him your husband!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2013