Crawling

At what age did your baby start to crawl? My son will be 6 months on the 19th and hes not even attempting to crawl. I try to put him on his belly and he gets so upset that i turn him back over. He can hold himself up on his belly but only for a short time. He seems to not even be close to crawling? Is this ok at his age?

lmack6882

Asked by lmack6882 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son will be 6 months on March 2nd and he's not attempting to crawl either. He doesn't mind being on his stomach but when I put toys in front of him he just keeps reaching at them and then starts to cry and gets mad. Every baby is different and I think the range is 6-9 months or something like. Some babies don't even crawl. They just go straight to walking. He'll be fine! They will crawl when they're ready.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was 10 months. I guess that would be considered "late" but there truly isn't a RIGHT time to crawl & walk etc .....
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 9:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son just turned 7 months and is only now starting to get on all 4's and try. I think every baby is different. I know some that crawl at 5 months! Some not until 10! And some go right to walking.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my first was 5.5. months and my second was 3 days shy of 8 months
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son is 6 1/2 and scooted for the first time on Friday. He's trying to crawl, but he hasn't figured out that he needs to use his arms not his head lol. He is finally getting up on his knees now so it could be any day!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I meant 6 1/2 months :0)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• mines 7 months and goes backwards...
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 10:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Some babies NEVER crawl. They go straight to walking instead. Really, don't worry about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Its normal. My son did that at 6 months. He's 8 months and crawls like a pro.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son crawled at 6 months, my daughter at 8 months. it's perfectly acceptable to crawl as late as a year.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009