Senior prom woes

My daughter' ssenior prom is next Saturday She is SO depressed that she has not been asked to go to it and I am getting worried because she is fiesty, rude, and depressed asking me what is wrong with her and why no one wants to go with her. She even makes crazy comments like "It's because I'm ugly" which is not true and in fac tshe is BEAUTIFUL and I am not just saying that. All of her friends have posted on facebook how they are going and it makes her feel worse. ANY advice?Anybody went through this.HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Your senior prom should be all about fun tell her don't worry about a date go with friends that's much more fun than having somebody all up on you and want give u space during prom have fun
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• That's good advice and I did try that but a 17 year old thinks that that is never an option to go to prom without a date.Yikes...looks like I have to ride this one out or hope that a miracle happens and she gets asked within a few days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Why can't she just ask someone? Maybe the guy is just afraid to ask her. Or just go with friends.
    My daughter is going to her junior prom with some friends. She hasn't had a boyfriend in many months but I'm ok with that since she needs to be focusing on her grades right now.
    I would just tell her that there isn't anything wrong with her, it's just that there isn't anyone good enough for her. It's like when you go shopping for clothes. That used to really depress me until my mom told me that the number on the tag is the size of the clothes, not the size of you.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I went to my senior prom without a date and I had a blast. If she has a group of girls she hangs out with have her go with them. She will still have fun.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I have a feeling that somebody will ask her bt they are shy at the moment
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• She will never ask someone. All I can say is I can't wait for high school to be over with for her and me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Is there a guy friend she can go with? My son is going with a girl he's friends with.

Sorry she's going through this! ((HUGS))
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Tell her boys are idiots and buy some ice cream lol.

Crossing my fingers that she has fun either way!
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 10:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Thanks. I keep telling myself..this too shall pass.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Tell her I'll be her date lol I'm a fun person I wonder thought do any of her friends have dates?
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2013