Senior prom woes

My daughter' ssenior prom is next Saturday She is SO depressed that she has not been asked to go to it and I am getting worried because she is fiesty, rude, and depressed asking me what is wrong with her and why no one wants to go with her. She even makes crazy comments like "It's because I'm ugly" which is not true and in fac tshe is BEAUTIFUL and I am not just saying that. All of her friends have posted on facebook how they are going and it makes her feel worse. ANY advice?Anybody went through this.HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• That sucks, I was never asked either- and did not go to any of mine

Not really sure what to say, other than suggest she go with friends?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I did not have a date to my junior or senior prom. Junior year I went with a couple friends, and my senior year I asked my best guy friend, to be my date. We had a blast! I do not in any way regret not having a date. It was kind of nice not being tied to anyone and being able to boogie with anyone. A free agent! I know it sucks when your not asked, but it's not the end of the world. She should still go and have a wonderful time. Think about the memories being made with friends. My girlfriends and I took a group prom photo that I still love.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 6:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2013