Senior prom woes

My daughter' ssenior prom is next Saturday She is SO depressed that she has not been asked to go to it and I am getting worried because she is fiesty, rude, and depressed asking me what is wrong with her and why no one wants to go with her. She even makes crazy comments like "It's because I'm ugly" which is not true and in fac tshe is BEAUTIFUL and I am not just saying that. All of her friends have posted on facebook how they are going and it makes her feel worse. ANY advice?Anybody went through this.HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I did not have a date to my junior or senior prom. Junior year I went with a couple friends, and my senior year I asked my best guy friend, to be my date. We had a blast! I do not in any way regret not having a date. It was kind of nice not being tied to anyone and being able to boogie with anyone. A free agent! I know it sucks when your not asked, but it's not the end of the world. She should still go and have a wonderful time. Think about the memories being made with friends. My girlfriends and I took a group prom photo that I still love.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 6:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• That sucks, I was never asked either- and did not go to any of mine

Not really sure what to say, other than suggest she go with friends?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Are any of her friends not going? 3 of my friends that didn't go got together that night and had their own party. Rented movies, stayed up all night, etc. They probably had a better time than I did!

Answer by missanc at 9:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I got dumped the week before prom, and our parents got on the phone with each other and MADE us go!!

I would have been totally happy to go with a group of friends instead!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I didn't even go to my prom. Its a long story but my boyfriend(now husband) couldn't go. I really wish I would have just gone without him. I still could have had a good time with my friends.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2013

• i went to my senior prom with a gun friend (i also asked him) b/c my boyfriend was too old (by about 2 weeks haha). anyway, i went to prom as a junior cause i was dating a senior and it was WAY more fun with just friends!! there is bound to be a group of girls who dont have dates or are just going with guy friends, have her see if they want to do all the prom stuff together-dinner, pictures, maybe get a limo (theyre a lot cheaper if you split the cost!) and they will still have a blast!

and if not...well...high school is almost over! hang in there!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I'm sorry. She'll get through this (and so will you). I guess I lucked out because my dd and her friends all went as a big group both junior and senior year. They all had a blast and there was no stress of finding dates.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I'm glad that I am not a teenager anymore! Still feel bad for her but I'm hoping this will be forgotten soon enough.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Can she ask her friends if anyone still doesn't have a date? Do you know anyone who has a teen son? Is it too late to buy tickets? I feel bad. My son asked someone months ago, but now they really don't talk anymore. I don't know if he will end up going with her. It really is a tough thing to go through.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Some guys may also be too shy, so maybe encourage her to ask a guy out if she knows he has no date yet. If she were close to my area, I would have asked friends to help you out since some of them are well-known actors and musicians.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2013