Senior prom woes

My daughter' ssenior prom is next Saturday She is SO depressed that she has not been asked to go to it and I am getting worried because she is fiesty, rude, and depressed asking me what is wrong with her and why no one wants to go with her. She even makes crazy comments like "It's because I'm ugly" which is not true and in fac tshe is BEAUTIFUL and I am not just saying that. All of her friends have posted on facebook how they are going and it makes her feel worse. ANY advice?Anybody went through this.HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Why can't she just ask someone? Maybe the guy is just afraid to ask her. Or just go with friends.
    My daughter is going to her junior prom with some friends. She hasn't had a boyfriend in many months but I'm ok with that since she needs to be focusing on her grades right now.
    I would just tell her that there isn't anything wrong with her, it's just that there isn't anyone good enough for her. It's like when you go shopping for clothes. That used to really depress me until my mom told me that the number on the tag is the size of the clothes, not the size of you.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I went to my senior prom without a date and I had a blast. If she has a group of girls she hangs out with have her go with them. She will still have fun.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Is there a guy friend she can go with? My son is going with a girl he's friends with.

Sorry she's going through this! ((HUGS))
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Tell her boys are idiots and buy some ice cream lol.

Crossing my fingers that she has fun either way!
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 10:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Your senior prom should be all about fun tell her don't worry about a date go with friends that's much more fun than having somebody all up on you and want give u space during prom have fun
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I have a feeling that somebody will ask her bt they are shy at the moment
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I had a date for my junior prom, and it pretty much sucked. I didn't want anything to do with it my senior year. Hopefully your daughter will find some friends to go with, or get asked by someone worth taking her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Go with her friends or pay a friend's son to go with her, if she'd rather not be alone. I wouldn't hide it from her but openly ask her if that's an option she might be interested in, and she could even make it into a fun speed dating event where she and her friends can hold a "casting" selection for their prom dates. None of the guys at my school were even worth a second look and most were slow to hit puberty. It was kind of depressing because a lot of girls at the school ended up going alone for that reason. She could make an appearance and then leave for after-party plans if she decides it's not fun. Most schools have an after-party to keep kids safe. The after-party was 10x more fun for me than our small prom. Plus, the after-party was combined with other high schools, so we got to meet other boys there ;-)))
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Some guys may also be too shy, so maybe encourage her to ask a guy out if she knows he has no date yet. If she were close to my area, I would have asked friends to help you out since some of them are well-known actors and musicians.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I'm sorry. She'll get through this (and so will you). I guess I lucked out because my dd and her friends all went as a big group both junior and senior year. They all had a blast and there was no stress of finding dates.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2013