Can my 3 month old be spoiled?

When I lay my 3 month old down for a nap in the day time he cries. Well he is asleep or half asleep when i lay him down, and sometimes just as soon as he is put down he wakes up or sometime he sleep for about 10-15 minutes and wakes up. My husband says that he is spoiled. Can he be spoiled at such an early age? HELP! ! !
Kingboys3

kingboys3

Asked by kingboys3 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It isn't possible for them to be spoiled so young - they have a legitimate need to feel close to you. With the sleep thing - you might try the "90 Minute Baby Sleep Program" - it's a book about how human alertness cycles work and how to work with them to help your litlte one learn to sleep. I was always trying to get my son to sleep at the wrong times, and he'd only stay down for a few minutes or wake up as soon as I put him down. When I learned to put him to sleep based on when his body would be most ready to sleep, he started sleeping like a champ! You can find it on Amazon.

Also - the more you meet their needs consistently now, the more secure they will feel that their needs will be met. Then as they get older they do get less clingy and more independent. Follow your instincts, and remember that these baby years are SHORT! :)
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 11:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My doctor told me there no way to spoil them that young, cause my husband would say the same thing :/ My son does that too, I just lay with him on the bed until he falls asleep, however that may not be a good idea in the long run ha. I usually sing to him or 'shh' in his ear.. that seems to calm him.
    Anonymous

• No a 3 month old can't be spoiled! Enjoy the baby years!! They fly by!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• that sounds exactly like mine, however at night he has no problem with his crib. he just wants to be with me all day! they say you cant spoil babies that young but i sometimes wonder! im sure that as they get older they become interested in toys and such and give you a little time to get something done
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You can't spoil a baby.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My daughter was like that and I think I held her for the first year 24/7!!! Man was a hell of a year but ,i wouldnt change it shes almost 5 and we are so attached!! I felt guilty to let her cry.. I never let her and a 3 month old is way too young to be spoiled. Your a great mom.. I can tell from ure post!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My DH was the same way. You can't spoil them. Men just don't understand somtimes. Enjoy this time now because it flys by!
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I used to believe that babies couldn't be spoiled, but my 11 week old cries alot when i sit her down. I've tried her bouncy seat, laying flat, laying on her stomach, and a bouncer. Each time, she watches me walk away and within seconds, she is fussing. As soon as I pick her up, she is all peachy again!
    nsteinerlpn

Answer by nsteinerlpn at 9:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no. a baby that wants to be held isn't spoiled. it's in need of affection. it's being a baby.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• No. Babies do not manipulate, they cry because this is their main communication.
    It is normal & respectful to respond lovingly.
    A nurtured baby is a happy baby! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009