Anyone have any bad friend stories? adult content

Back when my SIL was just my friend,we went out for drinks. She insisted on going to this one place where she knew the bartender. Since she drove,I was stuck going where she wanted. We stayed there until closing,and she told me that we were going to go to his house "just for a minute". At this point I was wishing I had brought enough money along for a cab.
We get to his house,and she says,"hey,let's just crash here. it's late"
Umm,no.I don't know this guy!
She says,"well i'm not driving you home"
I ended up walking the 5 miles home at 4:30 in the morning. It was February,and about 20 degrees out. I was wearing a thin jacket. Needless to say,I was freezing!
She couldn't figure out why I was mad at her!
I never made the mistake of being short on cash again....or hanging out with her
There are so many things that could have gone wrong with me walking home at that hour,but she didn't give a shit

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• I met one of the best friends I ever had in college. We were friends for nearly twenty years, and we stuck by each other through thick and thin. When she needed her guinea pigs taken care of for a month while she was in the hospital, I did it without a second thought, even though I couldn't stand the damn things. When I asked her to come be with me as I put my first service dog down, she made the three hour trip without hesitating. But when I got unexpectedly pregnant by a married man, she not only said she couldn't be my friend anymore, which I could have accepted, I guess--she waited till the baby was born and then, to get revenge for the ex wife she didn't even know, she called CPS and told a wild story about how I was mentally ill and blind, living alone with a baby and a vicious dog, and who knew what else, in an unsuccessful attempt to have the baby taken away and ruin my life. I'll never get over the loss.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Wow! Couldn't you call your husband or parents?
    How scary! Is she still your SIL?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I've told you all about my friend who didn't want to be my friend after my divorce. She told me she didn't trust her husband around me. WTH? Does she not think I can control myself? Whatever... she's history.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I had a "friend" that told me I just didn't know how to make babies happy. I was soo pissed. My daughter cried for the first 2 months because she had acid reflux, once the doctor gave us zantac she was happy as could be. My son was screaming when she made the comment, he was 1 month old and we couldn't get him to eat anything. We had just found out he had a dairy allergy, which is why he was so fussy. I never talked to her again, it was rude and I was already about to rip my hair out trying to find out what was wrong with my son. She just made the whole situation by not being a friend.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Omg thats messed up Well 3wks ago my bestfriend came out and finally told us she was gay which I already knew and wasn't shocked well she introduced us to her girlfriend and announced that they were going to have a baby I was excited b/c I was chosen to be the godmom bt there was Amber she was against gays don't like them don't want them near her but she kept bashing them saying your going to hell what your doing is a sin I hope you and her rot in hell and claiming that she was going to call child services if they ever have a baby everybody jaws dropped we couldn't believe she would say something like that and she busted the friend card she said either me or her some of my friends chose her side bt I chose Emily side you love who you love can't nobody change that and now Amber is tryiing to regain her friendship with me and Emily but its not working

Honestly, I'm I finally got to see her true side ik who my true friends are!!
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I've been in a very similar situation except it was the reverse. I was the driver and my friend wanted to stay over at this house we went to for a party. I was invited by one of my guy friends and only went because I knew him. It turned out to be mostly guys there, then my guy friend went home, but my girl friend was drunk and kept wanting to stay in this house full of guys to flirt with them. I told her that I had to go to work the next day and that we had to leave. It was already 2 a.m. but she was being stubborn. So, I gave her a last chance, then left without her. By the time I got to the car, she called me and sounded surprised that I left. It's not like I hadn't been telling her for the last hour that we had to leave. I thought she was very rude especially since I was kind enough to give her a ride. The rule is that if you bum a ride from someone, you leave when they leave or make sure you have a way home.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I was younger went to a "party" at his lady's house. I was 22 she was in her 40's. My friend was also 22. We get there an then they. The women, my friend and another girl decide they have to ALL go get another person in a car where there is not room for me. They left me there with the Lady's 40 something "boyfriend" a huge native guy. I should have left right then but I was stupid. he tried to get me drunk and then attempted to kiss me(yuck) luckily they came home then. I left shortly afterwards. I was lucky pure and simple.

Another friend stole $200 bucks from me at another party(I was a stupid child) and the same night another took my car and crashed it drunk. Not a good night lol

I've got a ton, come to think of it I didn't have very many good friends lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I've never had many close friends, but my bad friend story is actually about the only best friend I've ever had. His name was Timmy, & we were great friends from our 8th to 10th grade year. Hung out at each others' houses, studied together, ate lunch & went to football games with a couple other friends. Never anything remotely flirty or romantic- we just had the same goofy sense of humor. Then I found out about halfway through 10th grade year that since the start of 9th grade, Timmy had been telling everyone we'd been having sex. Intentionally spreading seriously nasty rumors. I was so hurt that he would do that, & I barely spoke to him after he admitted it.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Omg she sounds like someone I used to be friends with. Right after I had dd my friend at the time told this guy that my dd was her dd and he was the daddy. Like sent him pictures and everything. Then she started putting pictures of dd on FB and letting people think she was her daughter. It was by far the creepiest thing to ever happen to me. She called me a bitch and a bad friend when I stopped talking to her. I have so many stories about how awful this girl was. It's crazy that I was friends with her a long as I was.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I also had another bad friend that would repeatedly whine that I didn't come see her enough even though I told her I was frequently kept late at work. One night, I ended work a bit earlier though it was still late & since she lived near work, I told her I could stop by for maybe 15 mins before I went home. By that time I got there, which took about 10 mins to get there, she changed her mind & insisted on going out to bar. I told her I had to work the next day so I could only stay a few mins but she took offense to it & marched out of her apartment with her new roommate (a guy) leaving me behind when I had only been there maybe 2 mins. She couldn't understand why I was mad at her. I tried picking up this friendship years later to see if she had grown up, but nope, she still had these temper tantrums & it didn't surprise me that she had relationship problems & no other friends.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2013