38 weeks and baby is large now something showed up on ultrasound

I am 38 Weeks and the doc did an US today to determine babies size...I have large babies. Anyway she is already measuring 10 lbs 6 oz. During the US a "cyst" showed up near or in her intestines. He said he thinks it is Meckel's diverticulum. Anyway he is scheduling a C-Section, but not until the 27th. Which I am upset about because I am afraid she will weigh over 11 lbs by then. I guess my question is has anyone else heard of Meckel's diverticulum and/or have you had a large baby? Is there any connection?

Keene

Asked by Keene at 9:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had all large babies. I never had that problem. I don't know if there is a connection. I would do some reading on the subject if you are concerned. My last baby was 10 14 at 38 weeks and we had no problems. This one is 9 or so at 38 weeks and when I had the 36 week ultrasound everything was fine. If you are concerned I would call and talk to the DR they could tell you more about it and if there is a connection to the weight.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• http://www.chw.org/display/PPF/DocID/22811/router.asp

Hope this website hhelps :D
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 10:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thank you for your answers. I have spoken to the Doc. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced it. It is just shocking. I had never heard of it before. dlepasti...Thank you for the website info. I will be saving it for future reference.
    Keene

Answer by Keene at 10:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009