Baby daddy ?

I know I can't change that he's a pos and doesn't want to take responsibility for my dd(5). But what should I do when dd wants to call and see him bc he never returns the calls!! So wat should I do to help dd? I can call til my face is blue nd still nothing! She'll even leave him messages

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Stop calling & say Daddy is away on business & we can't get in touch with him right now. Not that I am a fan of lying to a child but why let her get hurt by him. I wouln't give him that power to hurt my child. If I was a kid I would rather think Daddy is away on business than that he doesn't want to see or talk to me. I'd protect her from getting hurt. Then whan she is older tell her the truth that he has problems & it's not her fault.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• sorry for the typos :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• That's really sad. Could you try to find other adults to be role models in your daughter's life? Trusted male relatives, sport coaches, Scout leaders and the like? I haven't been in the situation, but my thought is that you shouldn't discourage the calls your daughter wants to make, because then it will feellike you are standing in the way of their relationship. As much as it sucks, just support her when she's disappointed and she'll figure out that her dad isn't worth her time. Don't say anything bad about him yourself; let her come to her own conclusions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I tell her he is at work and such ... I don't talk bout him never really have just bc idk how to answer her ?s just yet
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• See I wouldn't lie to her. Kids KNOW whey they're being lied to. Answer her honestly, and at her level.

Mommy, can we call Daddy so I can talk to him?
    We can try honey, but I'm not sure he's going to answer.
    Can I still leave a message?
    Sure honey.

Conversations like that. Eventually she'll figure out that she never gets to talk to him, and the requests to call and what not will dwindle.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• what rosehawk said
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Yea she's so smart she nos when lieing
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2013