Awkward experience at the store?

We went to Petsmart today and like right when we walked in the door this couple with a little boy about dd's age immediately came up and started talking to us. The guy had a pet lizard and he was wanting us to watch a YouTube video of it. I didn't want to be rude so I was like ok. So we watched it and this guy was like "Tell all your friends to watch it because if I get 1 million views I start getting paid for it" and I just said ok have a good day blah blah and walked off. Their little boy tracks us down in the store and the parents are nowhere to be found so we're like babysitting this kid for like 15 up at the front while we waited for his parents. After they show up they follow us around the store talking to us until we leave. We only had to get a couple of things so we weren't there that long but still lol. It was so awkward and I just kind of went along with it because I didn't know what to do lol.

Have you ever had anything weird like that happen?

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 4:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• No, that's creepy. So, what does he get, a few pennies per view like Google Ads? That's hardly worth his time and effort.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I don't know I didn't ask. I'm sure it's something like that though. If it was anything more than that there would be a lot of YouTube millionaires lol.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Maybe just overly friendly & Chatty Cathy's. People like that are energy suckers. They'll suck the life right out of you if you let them. I worked with a Woman like that. I felt like I couldn't breath when she started talking to me. Run Away!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Sounds like those people aren't big on normal social boundaries.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• We had that happen to us before. We were somewhere similiar to a pet smart. There is a big mall with a huge pet place in it, and whenever we go there we let the kids look at the puppies. We were walking around looking at the adorable puppies when this couple with a baby walks up. They started talking to us about one of the puppies, which was fine, when we started to walk away, they followed us. They basically followed around the entire store, even when we went to other side for bunny stuff. We finally just left, it was awkward, and the woman kept wanting to touch my son. (That seems normal here though, everywhere I go women I don't know want to touch my son. One even kissed him.)
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2013