Where do babies come from?

My 5 year old son Cooper has finally asked us the question and demanded an answer. We also have an 8 month old son and when we first told Cooper he was going to be a big brother he asked where babies came from but didn't really care to get the answer. Well he asked my husband and I the other night at dinner and I am not sure what to tell him. I mean I know of many ways to beat around the bush but I always wanted to be honest with my kids about it and now I'm not so sure.
How did you tell your kids when they asked?

Jayde

Jayde2bys

Asked by Jayde2bys at 5:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My five-year-old just asked the same question because one of the teachers at her preschool had a baby. She wanted to know why the teacher's tummy got big and then shrunk, and how the baby got in there. I didn't feel I was lying when I said God put the baby there so the woman could carry him and keep him warm and fed till he was big enough to come out, and then the teacher went to the hospital and the doctors helped the baby to be born. Now she wants a baby in her tummy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Honesty is your best policy within his age range of course, going to find a book appropriate for his age is key....

Answer by older at 2:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• When my son asked where babies come from I told him the belly button but of course my in laws said to him I was wrong so I said to her then you tell him where they come from without trying to go into details that will not scary the crap out of him so if you not going to say anything mind your buiness.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2013