Would you allow your 14 yr old teenage daughter or son to have a gf or bf at this age?

Really is there an age ? at what age do you let your teenager start dating or at what point in their life do you allow them to start dating?

mrs.MOM34

Asked by mrs.MOM34 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• There is group dating and that I am ok with at 16 single boy, single girl 17 at the minimum
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Never. In our country parents never allow their teenagers to have gf or bf or go for dating at any age. Our traditions do not allow dating or having gf or bf.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 9:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Depends. I did and I turned out fine and was with the guy or 4 years.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I had bf's when I was 14. So yes, I would allow my sons to have gf's if they are interested. It's part of socialization. Developing significant relationships with a person of the opposite sex. We will educate our kids on the dangers of sex and hopefully we will put the fear of god in our boys and they will choose to abstain.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 6:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• My 13 y/o son have a gf and i personally believe that its better to be there to guide him and know some bits (nosey mom) than try to stop him and for him to start keeping secrets and doing it behind you.I have a very good relationship with my children and im proud to say that we build trust and open communication to each other which is very important when having a teenage child.So all i can say is be there to guide them and not let them see you as the enemy.
    myciel

Answer by myciel at 8:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. No dating until 16.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• NO.....Children do not have the mind compacity to handle serious relationships.....I mean there are some adults who cant handle it either. My daughter was not allowed to date until she just recently turned 16 and you know what she sees what her girlfriends go through and she doesnt want a relationship she says she has too many other problems with out adding. My son wont be allowed either till he is 16 I mean he has little girls come up and ask him to be their bf at school but it lasts about two days..but seriously dating no not until he is 16 and hopefully he will be like his sister and decide against it. A Childs brain is not even fully developed until they are 20 something. So how can they handle relationships.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• No absolutely not. My Daughter is 16 and she isn't allowed to date yet.
    ginamom512

Answer by ginamom512 at 2:30 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Good question. My DD (our youngest child) dated at 14 (now 18) supervised, and it was too soon, too serious and set up a cycle that has been hard to break. We had to dial it back, but it was very challenging overall. My son, is now 14 and would like to meet a girl, but he is much more particular and won't just settle for someone so that he can have companionship like my DD has. We have told him that we'd prefer he be 16 before one on one dating. He is free to go to supervised group gatherings. We'd like him to have some experience before he goes off to college, and we feel that he is very smart in these matters...very different from our DD. So, every child is different and we can encourage limits and speak openly of the potential pitfalls, but not with too heavy a hand.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 8:58 AM on May. 18, 2013

• I do think 14 yrs old is to young to start dating u should be at least 16 cause my brother started dating his GF at 16
    DaCs500

Answer by DaCs500 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2013