Anyone ever got a spam-text from CL?

so I put on an ad on craigslist and I get this text saying that they were interested in it but he lived 3 states away from me. he offered $30 for any inconvenience and i'm still scratching my head over what inconvenience but anyway- he said he would send his mover for it and also kept saying "kindly tell me your address so I can send a cashier's check" and he didn't even have any questions or want any pics of the item.

so I asked him why he didn't have any questions about it and he said he trusts pple. weird- but ok. so I was honest and told him there was a few minor scratches and he was like "ok" "send me your address so I can send a check" he just kept saying that. I was almost tempted to but then there was a gut feeling that I was being spammed. I don't know how but just seemed fishy.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I finally ignored him and he didn't get back to me
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I would not have replied.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• report that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• He's a pervert! Report it!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• You need to report it. This has happened to me as well. They live overseas, India or somewhere and it's a scam to get your personal information and money.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Yes a scam ignore him if he ever text you again.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2013