What are your plans for the summer?

As for my family we are planning fun days... like a summer to do list, we have planned a camping trip, bike trailing days, water park weekend etc just some plane simple and even some that don't even cost a dime trips..(Family)

mrs.MOM34

Asked by mrs.MOM34 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• No plans. No vacation plans. Just work, work, work.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I have two family reunions. Thankfully they are both in the same town, but that is still a 16 hour drive for me. They are a week apart, so I hope my Grandparents are ready for an invasion!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Nothing planned as far as dates, but I want to go camping at least 2-3 times this summer and maybe a day trip to the beach somewhere in there.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Not too much yet, but we're looking at a couple of day camps for the five-year-old, who hates to be bored at home. I'd like to get her in swimming lessons too, if we can work out transportation to the rec center, which isn't in easy walking distance from home. There's a different water park with slides a few blocks from where we live, so I'm sure we'll be there a few times as well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• We are going to the SC coast for a week then at least one more week and several long weekends at my inlaws beach house in NC. Day trips to the water park and amusement park. Then maybe a couple camping trips thrown in.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I still have to work. My son will go to summer camp.
    We have a family reunion in July, my Uncle will have his 50th anniversary party this summer, we will also go to the beach, maybe a amusement park, camping and as always picnics, parks, bike riding and hiking.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Speaking of camping, my daughter is dying to go. Her dad and I aren't really th camping types, but she's been bugging us, so who knows? We bought her a turtle tent and a ladybug sleeping bag, plus her own flashlight, hoping that would satisfy her. But it has only made her more determined to experience the real thing, so we may be coaxed out after all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• We're going to the beach for about a week in the middle of July. Super excited!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• @Ballad check out Jellystone Parks. It might be a good first experience for all of you. We've never been but friends of ours used to go all the time when their kids were young.

We are hitting the road - Dinosaur National Monument, Great Basin NP and whatever else looks interesting on our way to San Fransisco, then Los Angeles. We'll go home through Tucson and New Mexico. Maybe camp on a friends ranch for a bit.

SIL2 and her DD will visit for a while in July/August. Ope to spend some quality time with them SIL3 doesn't always like to share her sister much.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I am hoping to still be able to go to the family reunion this summer but idk since my DH has been on short term disability since February and moving,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2013