Tax return and food stamps

does anyone know if getting food assistance will effect your tax return?

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 9:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Umm.. I hope so!
    Anonymous

• no. it has nothing to do with it.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't. I was on them about 7 yrs ago and it didn't. My SIL was on them this past year and they didn't affect hers.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Nope, my sister was on them. But if you owe them money they will take from your tax return. They did my sister she "lied" about her income and having custody of the children at the time and they over paid her they said. Anyways, they got the rest of the money she owed from her tax refund. SO be careful, in the end still still gets food stamps which should be no if you lie but hey that is the government for you.
    pandermom

Answer by pandermom at 9:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• it doesnt do anything to effect them.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• No it wont.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 9:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• No you can get your average of FREE FOOD all year (say 2400 for argumentsake) and still get Earned Income Credit, of say 2500 and still get 600 per child, plus any other deductibles, Pretty nice return for someone who didn't pay ANY TAXES.

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 11:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

Well said.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• here we go again bashing the poor people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• TinasTribe: while by the way she wrote this question.. I'm going to assume she had a job and lost it.. probably because our economy is so crappy.. so if she had a job.. she's paid taxes. Try not being so rude to someone that you don't know. Next time that person might be you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009