What could be wrong with my son, a couple days ago my son came to me scared. he asked me to go to the bathroom where he showed my blood on the toliet seat. the nurse said it was a bladder infection, and it isnt normal for a male to get one. so now they say we need to go to his doc and have test done. i am really worried. i really would like to have some sort of clue to what is going on.

aleshaproct

Asked by aleshaproct at 10:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2013 in Kids' Health

• i really would like to have some sort of clue to what is going on.

then ask his ped.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• So when is his doctor's appointment?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I would take him to the doctor to see what is really going on it mite be not be that serious....go see Doc ASAP
    mrs.MOM34

Answer by mrs.MOM34 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Just get the tests done. If it was really serious, the nurse would have insisted that you get in the same day. Your son will be fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• I took him late friday night, so she said take him monday.
    aleshaproct

Comment by aleshaproct (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Is he in pain? Does he have a fever? Other symptoms?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• He had a small fever, he has been restless. he said it hurt all day friday, but didnt say anything til he went to the bathroom. he says he dont hurt now. the only thing that worries me my family has a history of kidney failure. i may just b overacting
    aleshaproct

Comment by aleshaproct (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Don't borrow trouble. The interest rate stinks. Get him to the doc tomorrow. Thinking good thoughts for you!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• There would be signs way before now if his kidney was failing. But if the UTI goes untreated, then it could lead into getting a kidney infection. Buts NOT abnormal for a little boy or a man to get UTI's. My DH had one. His doc told him it could be cause he holds the urge to pee so much because of the job he does. It juist women tend to get it more than men because our "plumbing" is shorter compared to a male. My brother was diagnosed with something called pollakiuria (sp?) but its when a child goes pee 10-30 times a day! They thought he had diabetes, until they did a culture of his pee. Having him drink cranberry juice will help, and drink lots of water. Or if cranberry juice is icky to him, have him start eating yogurt low in sugar and make sure it has live cultures. This is for any future infection he may get and eating the yogurt once a day or so will help in preventing UTI's in some cases. Plus helps with digestion too.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2013

• Ok thanks for the advise...
    aleshaproct

Comment by aleshaproct (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2013