Would you move in with a man or let him move in with you?

Would you move in with a man after you just graduated high school you bearly know? i thought it was more correct to move in with the girl. Would you prefer someone with an education or at least in college or have something to offer you? some females move in but only do things because of the guy but they go broke because many guys want girls to pay their bills. would you move in with a guy, but moving in with a guy can it mean youre dependent? i can understand if you are both grown and have been together for over 3 years or youre engaged or you bought the home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• You're throwing out a lot of scenarios in one question, so it's kind of hard to get at the answer you're looking for.

These days, it's "correct" for either partner to move in with the other, depending on who has the home that fits the needs of the couple.

I wouldn't move in with anyone I barely knew, or let him move in with me. Bad idea.

Personally, I believe in remaining financially independent, regardless of where I live or who lives with me. I learned that lesson the hard way.

It's been a very long time since I had no education or dated someone who had none, but people have to start somewhere. I wouldn't discount someone because he didn't have an education, provided he was working on getting one or could pay his way without one and wasn't looking to me as an ATM. I'll go broke for no one--been there, done that, don't intend to do it again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• @ballad thats the answer im looking for girl :) lol at least make your way to get some type of education or something but if you move in with a guy fast and you just met his mom a few months ago...then you moved in with him...personally the guy is gonna use you like a fruit cake lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I got an apartment and moved into it the day I turned 18. My husband moved in a couple of months later, right after he turned 18. We were both young, and he still had a year left of high school, but we had been dating a year, so we knew each other well.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• yes thats a year and thats different he movd in with you lol well i see some humans are still smart THANK YOU LORD lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Although I suppose if he had turned 18 first and gotten an apartment, I would have been the one to move in with him. I just signed a lease first.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• finally common sense again!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Moving in together and cooperating to make ends meet, no matter where you are on your life journey, is one thing. It can work. Supporting a man while he hangs with his buddies or plays video games is a horse of a different color. That would be seriously problematic for me. Each situation is different.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Meh, it was just because I'm a month and a half older than he is. We would have been moving in together either way. Me with him, him with me, it wouldn't really matter. When you're that young and just starting out, it's not like either of you are established anyway.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Good point, Ballad. When we first lived together, we were both working full time at night and he was at school all day finishing high school. We didn't have time for fun stuff like video games. We didn't even have cable. Good times, man.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• When I got married at age twenty, I moved in with my husband because he had a mobile home that we had picked out together and I had made the down payment on, and he was living in it since he had relocated to my area while I was in an apartment with three college roommates. Mostly because at the time, my parents were dead set against me moving into the trailer before my wedding day, and I gave a damn about their opinion back then. After my divorce, the boyfriend I have now moved in with me because he was leaving his marital home, and I had just bought a condo not knowing there was a baby on the way. But we were both self-employed and well-established, so it didn't matter who moved in with whom. I kept the condo in my name, you can bet, because I feel more secure that way. People need to use the brains they were born with and take care not to get in situations where they're taken advantage of.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2013