why do kids when it time to go to bed

my 3 yr cry no matter what time i put him down i cat let him stay up til my other two are a sleep but he still cry i dont know what to do it just stared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• separation anxiety possibly? Not sure :(
    Anonymous

• My advice is to do a routine... do the same thing every night. We made cards that had the pictures on them and on the back they said DONE and when they did them they got to flip their card to done. Such as... take a bath, go potty, brush your teeth, put on pjs and read a book with mommy or daddy... the same bedtime every single night. That way his own body knows that when he gets a warm bath that its unwinding time. Worked for me... hope it helps
    jen_wikstrom

Answer by jen_wikstrom at 12:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Try reading books. My son picks out the books he wants me to read every night. This gives us quality time together and calms him down. Doing this every night he knows after we read the books it is time for bed, and this works.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2009