i do have problem of placenta previa & we found only in the month of 5. now it moved upward about 3 cm. now i am 36 week. is there problem ? is there chance for normal delivery.

preethi837

Asked by preethi837 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Health

• If the placenta is in the way of the cervix, they won't likely let you do a vaginal birth, for safety's sake. Placentas do migrate, so have them check via ultrasound to see where it is.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I wish you a safe delivery, in any way it works out, and a healthy baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I had a total placenta prevea, w/ my 4th. I was told before they knew it was "total', that the risk to mainly me, would be too great to allow me to have a natural birth. I started bleeding & was put in the hospital for a week, then released on total bedrest, then ended up back in 2 weeks later, for the rest of the pregnancy. 7 weeks in the high risk ward total... blah. They did an amnio. & since her lungs were developed they allowed me to have her at 37 wks, & she didn't even have to go to nicu. Have you had any bleeding? Your best bet is to take it as easy as poss. You're close to that 37 wk, & after that, as long as all goes well, your baby can be delivered perfectly healthy. I feel for you, it's scary, but most of the risk is for you, not as much for the baby, so rest whenever poss, & don't lift anything heavy!! I wish you & your baby the best!!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2013