My son spent the night with my SIL (my brother was out of town).

My SIL has been begging for my son to come and spend the night with her and my nephew, my nephew is only 3 and to make a very long story short he endend up spending the night with her neighbor. He had been playing with the kids all afternoon and they begged her to let him. I got no phone call or anything asking me if this is okay.
I am pretty hot about it, I never would allow her child to spend the night any place other than my home!
So here is the question, should I make her aware that I am a bit upset, or just say no from now on?

I just now learned of this, when I took my son to school! She never said anything when we picked him up.

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 9:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• I'd certainly tell her that I was disappointed in her decision and to never do it again. She has no clue what goes on in someone else's home so she could have endangered him. Remind her you'd never do that to her son and how would she like it if you did. Her behavior is outrageous.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I wouldn't let that one slip by. That's a huge deal. I would call and ask her why she didn't tell you that he was actually spending the night at the neighbors, why she didn't ask your or clear it with you first and then I wouldn't let him stay over there ever again. I would probably tell her that too.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I would let her know. She's family and should have known better. He's 3!!! But since she asked before, she'll probably ask again and I would let her know now that this is why it won't be happening.

Answer by missanc at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I would be livid! I never let my boys stay at anyone's home unless I knew them and had been to their home. To think that someone I trusted made that decision without my consent would be a relationship breaker.

This is NOT okay.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Definitely let her know how you feel

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I would talk to her. Give yourself time to cool off so you don't wind up saying anything out of anger, but she should get a heads up on your feelings like this. I also would never let my kid stay there again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I would let her know that allowing him to spend the night at someone's house that YOU do not know is completely unacceptable. I would also not allow him to go spend the night at her house again. Play dates, sure whatever, but his butt will be in HIS bed at the end of the day.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• You don't just say no. You tell her WHY you're saying no.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• It would be good to talk to her about it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• slap

She should have atleast called to ask if it was OK.    

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2013