"disturbing graffiti"

There was a threat against several schools in the area today. It was made weeks ago, saying on this day some idiot was going to go after kids at schools in 3 towns. Lots of extra security, excused absence for any who stay home, etc. (it was a threat written on a bathroom wall, not exactly a threatening letter to the school)

Meanwhile, someone spray painted "arm the teachers" on the wall of one of the high schools last night. The news is calling it "disturbing". Really? The graffiti is the disturbing aspect of this story?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Not in my book. The teacher are ground 0 defence in my book.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• The whole thing is disturbing. That there are sickos out there threatening our children & that we even have to consider arming teachers to protect them while they're in school. Sad Sad Sad :(
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• the news are a bunch of idiots. Maybe what they mean it's disturbing when we have to arm the teachers to protect our children? Society is getting sicker and sicker. I am to the pint I want my kids home schooled.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• i think its the thought that its come to arming teachers that is disturbing, not the arming teachers in and of itself. but yeah the disturbing part is that some kid thought it was funny to threaten to shoot up the school (if its a joke).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• am I missing your point?
    I think it is kind of disturbing that these things were written on the walls...given what has happened with shootings and talk of arming teachers
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• The whole story is disturbing, from beginning to end.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I doubt anyone feels that the threat was not more disturbing.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2013