Are you an organ donor?

Would you be a live organ donor? Such has bone marrow, kidney? Do you donate blood?
Or you just rather have all your organs donated once you die?
I am think on having my organs donated and then my tissue donated to researched.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Health

• I'd give whatever was needed to my husband and son while I'm alive
    I'm a donor for after my death as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I'm a donor if something should happen to me. I don't donate blood anymore. Tried it twice and passed out and got sick on them. They very politely asked me not to come back. My entire family are signed up as donors. It was thanks to a donor that my brother-in-law is alive and with us today. Why would I not give some other family that same joy of having their loved one with them just a little longer instead of letting my organs rot.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Yes. Im a donor for my parts after I die, and I would donate my "extra" organs (kidney, piece of liver, bone marrow), to any one who needed it. Why should I walk around all whole, and healthy, when someone is dying for something I don't really need???? I wish I knew someone who needed a fat transplant... now that I have a lot of!!!! LOL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I have donated over a gallon of blood in my lifetime, I am on the National Bone Marrow donation list, and I have it indicated on my driver's license that I am an organ donor.

Yes to all your questions.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I used to give blood until I was unable. I will not allow my organs to be donated nor would I accept one that was offered
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• They can have whatever they want once I'm gone. The only way I would be a live donor is if one of my kids needed it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I am an organ donor. I don't give blood because I'm anemic - they won't let me. I have kidney damage so it's more likely that I will need someone else's before they want mine.

Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I tried to donate a kidney to an aunt of mine, but I failed the initial screening because I was a preemie baby. The doctors didn't want to take a kidney because they said they weren't sure if having been a preemie would shorten the life of my organs, and I might need both further down the line.

I can't donate blood because of medications.

I'm signed up for organ donation when I die. I don't know that everything will be usable, but doctors and scientists can part out what they want; I won't need it anymore. A lot of people benefit even from donated skin for grafting.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Yes i am an organ donor and give blood sometimes.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• im an organ donor if i die...i have a living will that states if im in a brain dead state DH can pull the plug for my organs. i was told i cant donate blood (im hypoglycemic) but i dunno how true that is. if a family member could use something of mine while im alive id very much consider it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2013