Fever from teething?

I know some people believe that kids get a fever from teething and some do not... but i was wondering if you thought this would be. My son sleeps in my bed with me and last night I notice that he had a fever.. Its always very obvious with both of my kids, hot hands, hot belly and hot back. He was fine otherwise... He was even conversing with me in the middle of the night when he heard me get up. I gave him motrin but didn't take his temp. This is the 2nd time this has happened. a couple of weeks ago he came down with a fever and after a day or two it just went away. The only other symptom that is associated with this is low appetite. Otherwise he's fine. Do you think this could be from his molars coming in, as they are? He is 2 1/2 years old.
Thanks in advance.

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, He's brewing something.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Are you sure he wasn't just hot to the touch from being all snuggly under the covers? Did you feel his face?/put your face to his?
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• No he definately had a fever!!!!
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Our children always ran a slight fever when they were teething and they usually also had a runny nose. It could be something else, but I've noticed the same thing happens with the grandchildren. He would likely be doing some chewing on his fingers, too, if it were his teeth.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• If you ask a doctor or someone in the "know" the answer is most certainly no but myself, my sister and my son all got small low grade fevers right before a tooth was about to emerge.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2013