Ladies...When have you had enough?

Some days I feel as if I can just scream so loud because of something my teenager has done or maybe even wishing I can build up the nerve to slapping some sense into my husband when he gets into one of his lazy moods...

So Ladies when was it when you just had enough?
(Vent if u need too)

mrs.MOM34

Asked by mrs.MOM34 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• I have difficulties with whining even if ithe complaint is justified.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• When I burst into a screaming fit & I can't see straight then everyone pauses & laughs. Then I laugh too. Sometimes you just have to let it out. It's better than keeping it in & making yourself sick. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• P.S., See my problem is I never complain EVER so it builds up to an outburst! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Lol,

For about the last 30 years of life I guess.

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I get that, ILovemyPaulie. Unfortunately, it takes me too long to get to "enough!" Or at least I don't say anything, and then someone finally pushes me to the end of that long fuse, and bam! The poor soul is not used to seeing me lose it, because I usually don't, and I have to admit the outrage is sometimes misdirected.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I used to take and take and take and then my fuse would blow. Then I read a wonderful little book called BOUNDARIES, and it changed my life. We all need to set boundaries, telling people I will take this much and no more, and after that there will be these consequences. Then when the boundary is exceeded, you quietly and calmly follow through with the pre-announced consequences and there's no need to get mad or blow a fuse. It's a much better way to live!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I agree that clear personal limits, greater awareness of my emotional reactions, and better communication skills (so that I feel able to address things without "being mean" and my communications tend to be received well, even if they aren't what someone exactly wants to hear, rather than triggering defensiveness or opposition) all combine to prevent dramatic "I've had enough!" moments. Blow ups & meltdowns are no longer "unfortunate but inevitable."

Most of it is the product of becoming more emotionally mature & taking more personal responsibility. It helps with raising kids with higher EQ's, too (emotional intelligence quotients) because we're less likely to raise them in the same emotionally enmeshed patterns that led to our own relatively dysfunctional functioning! So they'll be more proactive & less likely to blame others for their emotions, if we don't make them responsible for OUR meltdowns & blowups (by blaming them.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• When you get to that point, it's time for some "mommy time" Go spend time w/ a friend, go do whatever hobby you enjoy- anything to get you out of the house & away from your source(s) of stress. If the teen & the hubby aren't pulling their weight, then leave a list of what you expect done by them while you're away. If they refuse, then you get to not do the next favor or whatever they expect from you on a daily basis. Personally, I find target practice to be a great stress reliever & am overdue for a visit to the shooting range.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2013