Our world...

magnoliazolia:

our world is kind of awful
brendonbrandon:

No. Our world is great. For every one person that plants a bomb, you have hundreds more running a marathon. For every one person that makes a joke about the dead and dying, you have thousands more donating blood, offering prayers, and volunteering their time. Things like this are the fault of single individuals who make violent, loud statements. We just have to make sure that the statements of the good are louder.
Source: magnoliazolia

********
just saw this on Tumblr and thought I'd share it.

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 9:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It is true. I saw something similar on FB and it reminded me that no matter how much evil we see, there is a lot of good right behind it.

kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Thank you for posting this. It's so true, and we need to remember the good that people do, and try not to give so much attention to the terrible things humans are capable of.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• that is one of the few things that keep my hope in humanity alive. that for every piece of shit that has to blow stuff up to make some stupid point (poorly) there are hundreds of ppl who run into harms way to help the injured, get the uninjured to safety, and go find the other bombs, there are thousands of ppl who organize meals, hospitals, shelters, etc, and there are millions who donate money, blood, or just well wishes. the strength of humanity is best shown during our darkest most chaotic hours.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Makes a lot of sense. I think a lot of people forget the good until they see so much bad and are reminded of how much more powerful good is than evil.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Absolutely, 100% correct. I love that. Thanks for sharing! If all the media followed that.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• What a hopeful statement! Thanks for the reality check.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• That is true, thanks for reminding me that.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 8:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• From my son's FB page yesterday. Who spent the 10 hours after the bombing accoutning for his companys +100 people participating in the Marathon and his GF's brother who finished at 4:01.

As someone who works in an industry that deals strictly with very bad things while spending most of my time thinking about things that go bump in the night - every single time something major happens I am reminded of how giving people can be and how the worst often brings out the best. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spt--boston-marathon-explosions-attract-an-outpouring-of-help-from-city-s-residents-022321905.html

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2013