Any home show business that is selling well?

I am a PartyLite consultant and am facing challenges with booking home shows. Are there other home based businesses out there that are doing well and how are you succeeding. Would like some tips on how to get more clients to book my shows and order from my catalogues.

Anne298

Asked by Anne298 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Im a passion parties consultant, and business hasnt slowed down yet. I have about 6 parties a mth. People are looking for thing to indulge in that wont break the bank. I pass out card to EVERYONE (18 and up) and use craigslist, yellowpages.com, and really focus on booking parties at parties. Make sure to mention (several times) the incentive of being a hostess. Good luck! www.sylvias.yourpassionconsultant.com
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I work with a technology company and we are really growing even with the economy the way it is. There are so many people looking for legitimate companies to work with. This is a great Christian company that offers a great lead program, great bonus program with a great foundation.

We are always looking for people with integrity who have leadership skills and enjoy helping people. If you would like more info, you can e-mail me at ecoq3135@freshairliving.com.
    Good luck to you.
    Judy
    jaeann123

Answer by jaeann123 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I do my biz f/t,so about 10-15 parties a month. i get booking from those parties,and word of mouth mostly. Plus,our company has a lot of celeb fans,media attention,etc. Here is my website, PM me for more info. Good luck~
    www.bootyparlorparties.com/davialavae
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am a consultant for At Home America, Inspiranza Designs, and Longaberger Baskets and all three of mine are still booming after Christmas!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hi,
    I am a tastefully simple consultant and have had no problems, I am doing around 12 parties a month. But I can talk to everyone that eats, with candles you have more of a limited clientele unfortunately. My biggest tip is pick up that 100 pound phone and start calling everyone you know and simply ask them to host a party. There is also the 6 foot rule and that is tot alk about your business to everyone within 6 feet of you, you will be surprised at your results when you step out of your comfort level.
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 1:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think most people are challenged with this right now. The trick is learning how to ask for bookings and how to overcome objections. Do you have a helpful upline? I am a lia sophia Jewelry Unit Manager and I am finding the parties come fast and furious but they are smaller. I'm working more to make the same amount, but at least I am working when so many are not. I would be happy to help coach you with your business or give you information about lia sophia. One thing I can tell you that I've heard, that during the Great Depression, the jewelry business was the only (or one of the only) business to survive. Think about it, not many can afford a new car or home or luxury vacation but most women will spring for some bling to feel pretty and luxurious. I often suggest jewelry to update and existing wardrobe, saving $ in the long run. Feel free to contact me for whatever. Good Luck! Marilyn www.liasophia.com/cookie2
    gemgal

Answer by gemgal at 11:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You have to have something that even in a bad economy, people will still continue to purchase. I have a business with Arbonne International. People are looking for products that will TRULY make them look and feel better. The baby boomers are 1/3 of the population and control 2/3 of the spending. They (me included) do not want to look like they are getting older and will pay to look younger and fresher. People are also looking for alternative methods of income since they cannot finds jobs and do very well with their businesses. The skin care and wellness industry is the #3 recession proof industry next to cigarettes and alcohol. Women and men will continue to want to look good and Arbonne offers products that are proven and really produce results.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Doing fantastic with these two----took me long enough to find them though! www.slumberpartiesbypolly.com

http://www.beautipage.com/polly/index.asp

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Anonymous

• Go to www.sendoutcards.com/46412 and send a free card. Huge opportunity in a billion dollar greeting card industry! Also a great way to keep in touch with clients if you own a small business!
    twinmom621

Answer by twinmom621 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010