EDIT: For those of you who have been married for a long time (i.e. at least 5 years), what do you do to keep your marriage going strong?

EDIT: I do not think 5 years is a long time. But I have only been married for almost 2 years, so I wanted opinions from those who have at least been married at least a few years longer than me. Thank you all for the good advice. After 6 years together (almost 2 married), there are still some things I need to take note of!

hatagaj

Asked by hatagaj at 10:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• Always making sure we make time for each other and always tell each other how we feel.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Make time for each other ( we spend a lot of time apart), great sex and keep it fun.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I let my husband think he's the best at everything, then when he goes to bed, I fix it my way. :)
    And never argue about money, go to bed angry, and most importantly, communicate.
    We just celebrated our 30th anniversary on Saturday.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• He's my best friend. We put each other 1st above everything

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• For us, it has been recognizing that we are our own individual selves outside of husband/wife and father/mother.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• I think 5 years is still newlyweds.
    Communication. Not fighting. Respecting each other and being friends more than anything else.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Love. Trust. Respect.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• First, I married a man that I trust with my life. We don't go to be angry. We tell each other that we love one another. Communication is key. We choose our words very carefully in the heat of the moment (when this rarely happens) so as to not say something we will regret. You can apologize for something you said, but you always remember the way people make you feel.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• We haven't been perfect about it, but we've learned not to let small hurts fester and get out of control. If you get something out while it's fresh, even if you have to argue about it, it's better for the relationship in the long run than letting resentment build till it's bigger than the original problem itself ever was.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Love, trust, respect, patience, tolerance and communications.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 11:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2013