Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My 1 year old ate old spice soap. is she going to be ok?

Its been two hours since she did this and she seems ok. I'm jus worried and have never had to deal with anything like this before.

Answer Question
 
aganey23

Asked by aganey23 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • Than to everyone for the advise.
    aganey23

    Comment by aganey23 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

  • Well today is the next day and I watched her the whole night. She was fine. No vomit or anything. But she did have a really horrible diaper. Lol That my husband went into great detail to me about having to change it when I got home this afternoon. She state her fine purky little self he whole time. It was just really scary to me. I have a four year old, but she was not so curious this early.
    aganey23

    Comment by aganey23 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

  • The lye is no longer toxic after it's been through the soap making process. It neutralizes.
    Mrs_Prissy

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

  • Soap has lye in it. Lye can be deadly. So call Poison Control NOW!
    ILovemyPaulie

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

  • Yes dear, when in doubt dial 1-800-222-1222 and have the soap ingredient list handy
    staciandababy

    Answer by staciandababy at 12:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

  • My son took a big bite of ivory soap when he was little- it came up (along with his dinner) about 10 minutes later.
    PartyGalAnne

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

  • Think of this as a heads up too. I had a scare when DS was an baby and it sent me into the babyproofing mode pretty quickly and one of those hings is to alwys close off roms you are not in and lock up cabinets. Babies are very curious.
    Dardenella

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

  • You can call if it will ease your mind. But soap isn't usually toxic. She probably got nothing worse than a yucky taste in her mouth. She may get diarrhea after a while. Stuff happens.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 11:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

  • He poop is going to be off and she maybe hae some tummy upset but she should be fine. I can't imagine she ate all that much.
    Dardenella

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

  • Well my husband is the one that found her with it. She had gotten into the bathroom while we were cooking dinner. The soap was still wet from my husbands shower and it had been on he side of the tube. She didn't get much and we got I guess what was all of it out of her mouth. She kept chewing her tongue and making funny faces. I've given her plenty to dink eat and chew on to help he drowl as much a possible. I didn't call poison control. Should I still? She seems fine right now. Just felt like maybe there was some advise out there that might help put my mind more at ease.
    aganey23

    Comment by aganey23 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN