BurriS full of BS???

OMG....seriously? They didn't ask him specifically the right question Word. For. Word. So he should be off the hook? The man LIED.....

CHICAGO - Sen. Roland Burris admitted Saturday that former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's brother asked him for a campaign contribution before the governor appointed Burris to the Senate.

"The disclosure is at odds with Burris' testimony in January when an Illinois House impeachment committee specifically asked if he had ever spoken to Robert Blagojevich or other aides to the now-deposed governor about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama."

He should be removed! What say you?

By the way I am posting an MSNBC link b/c I didn't want to hear the fox news BS, and isn't it sad that this is BURIED in the politics section? If this was a republican it would be splashed all over!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29195951/

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sounds like Burris has taken one of Bill Clinton's School of Semantics correspondence school courses!!! LOL

"What is the definition of 'is'?" ;o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Makes you wonder if he did contribute but just "forgot" or did not have the right question asked to "explain himself"
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't think this was buried because I've heard it on lots of stations as well as seeing it on the internet.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ok, it's not burried. Go to MSNBC.......click on the politics section (cuz it's not on the front page with the other stories, like Clinton going to another country), then scroll down about 2 or 3 sections and you will find it on about the 3rd line.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• well you're only using one site...there are many other sites and t.v. stations. just because it's "buried" on one website doesn't mean it's buried everywhere else.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i didn't approve of burris' appointment to begin with.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's funny how many politians get out of trouble just by saying they did not fully understand the question as it was asked of them. Why do they get to play the dumb card? If they don't understand simple questions, how can they make good decisions for the people that voted them into office?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• omG. I was talking about it being buried on the MSNBC site. Not in general. I know people are reporting it. My point was that if this was a republican it would have been the top, number one story on MSNBC, there would have been no searching for it!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You're right momof and have you noticed with the left leaning media going on whenever they want to report something negative about a republican rep. They make sure they say REPUBLICAN so and so in the title and all through th article "R" lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Oh, I agree this is a load of BS!! Sorry, but, you can't say innocent one minute and then admit your guilt the next. He should go.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2009