What are some things you bought Thrift Shoppping, Consignment, Flea Markets, Yard Sales or you just got for FREE

Include pics would be great if you can

dirtgirlfashion

Asked by dirtgirlfashion at 11:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2013 in Shopping

• I can't really include pics, but the best finds are: Two Longaberger Baskets (which I have always collected) for just $10.00 and an antique lamp for just $10.00! I look for only certain items when I go to thrift stores, antique stores, garage sales, etc. I don't buy clothing for me, but I will look for play clothing for the grandchildren. The list really goes on and on. I love browsing.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I'm not a thrift shop person, but our neighborhood has our own "craigslist/freecycle". I got a circa 1920s cherry side table and a metal fireplace grate/cover for free. I also had someone give me 5 year old minivan in excellent condition for free just because they knew I was a single mom currently in school and my car broke down - I drove it for 5 years!

Answer by missanc at 11:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• those sound very nice, i love deals,love antiques and to get a vehicle for free is awesome!
    dirtgirlfashion

Comment by dirtgirlfashion (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• i looked here for ones on freecycle and we don't have anyone, i thought of starting a group on there
    dirtgirlfashion

Comment by dirtgirlfashion (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I have found a couple of fabulous coats at thrift stores and lots of clothing too. *not nearly as much now though as I used to find. We have gotten couches in the past that people had thrown out- and recovered them (now I would probably leave them though- due to the whole idea of bedbugs and such) but they worked for us when the kids were little and we were pretty broke
    also other little things here or there that I've gotten at thrift stores. Some of the stores are better than others-there was a really good one in Mesa AZ...always found cool stuff there
    the ones here...ehh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I buy most of my clothes and my daughter's that way. I bought a lot of baby gear at rock bottom prices from thrift stores. Recently, I bought a dozen My Little Pony figures for ten bucks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• these are the only thrift store find i have a pic of...they're vintage and i use to wear them all the time when i was skinny.

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• i love those orange pants or capris, perfect for summertime, i would wear them all the time too
    dirtgirlfashion

Comment by dirtgirlfashion (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Ballad, i used to love MLP, my girls do now, i had 2 from whe ni was a child and i gave it to them and they just loved them , but they argued over the colors they wanted lol
    dirtgirlfashion

Comment by dirtgirlfashion (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I post my thrift shop finds on my blog

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2013