Do you have very close girlfriends or do you feel like most of your relationships are shallow?

If so, what do you do to keep the friendship going?
I had 3 best friends and a couple close friends, but I have drifted from most of them. Sometimes I find myself longing for the type of friendships I see on my favorite TV shows or on other people's Facebook. Sad, I know.

hatagaj

Asked by hatagaj at 1:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• I have a bestie and we have been friends since we were 3 so 22 years. We have a lot of different views on life and a lot of similar views. We text throughout the week and make sure we get together at least 1-2 times a month.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I havn't had "close" friends really in YEARS

I have people I have been friends with for a long long time- but until FB came around- had not talked to most of them for 15 or 20 yrs
    I am glad to have found them again- but the best friend I had when i was a teen, drifted away once I had kids and though we are FB friends now, we don't ever talk directly to each other- and seems she never...grew up

I have 2 friends that I make a point of visiting when I go to AZ -but don't see them much since I have not lived there in over 7 years

as for people just to hang out with or whatever - not had that since I left there. Making friends is hard for me and every time I do- we move again : /
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I have a small group of really close friends. We are that way due to the shared experiences of having a special needs child - I know if I'm having a bad day I can call them up and one of them will have been where I am or is going through the same thing and will make me smile! Most of us have FB and we have our own group on there because there are things we can say to one another that really isn't for public viewing. We get together at least once/month or so for lunch/supper or both to catch up and then 1-2 times/year we go on a long weekend trip to the beach just us. Some years there's only 6 of us, some years we add a couple on and get the number up to around 12 - but we go every year!

Answer by missanc at 2:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I have a few close friends, and not many casual acquaintances. Part of maintaining the friendships, at least for me, has been to find common ground and when there isn't any on a subject, agree to disagree.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I have never had good relationships with females. I don't even bother getting close to females anymore.

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I had a very good friend that I grew up with since I was 4...Over 30 years later, we have strayed drastically. I haven't heard from her in 6 months...Kinda makes me wonder if she is done with our friendship...I don't know...
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I have a great friend and we have known each other for 20 years but I have lots of friends and I am excited to meet new people all of the time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• My friends are the people I work with. Always have been and these are people I've stayed in touch with for 20-30 years. We don't hang out in coffee shops, though.

I've never had the kind of friendships you see on TV. I don't believe those exist in real life; the TV friends actually seem pretty darned shallow to me.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2013