Wow. can i puke now?

it just came out that my STBX told my 8 yr old that he likes a woman at work and that he's going to marry her. he told him not to tell anybody but my son told his brother who told his grandma who told me. then i look at my stbx's FB acct and he has a photo of him & his new woman I guess and the caption says "isn't she beautiful". he also has a pic of them holding hands.

i am disgusted and dumbfounded that he is doing this to me & our son. it is way worse than I ever thought.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 5:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• Oh honey,I'm so sorry!
    I'm speechless!
    (((hugs!)))

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• i seriously do not know how to react right now. no wonder he's been pushing to get me out. he wants to move a woman in to my home with my son. i am seriously going to lose my mind.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• He's doing it to piss you off! Don't let him! Don't look on his FB anymore! :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• So, I'm going to answer this as someone who has been through this exact same thing. My ex left me and our three daughters when my youngest was barely 5 months old. He left me for another woman that he worked with. He left us destitute and I did a lot to pave his way, just like you're doing. Tried to justify my "help" because of the kids.

Stop. It.

You will hate yourself in two years when this is just a memory. You've got to start being assertive, taking control of your life and getting him OUT of it. Kick his ass out of the house. Or, if you absolutely have to, get yourself out. Call your lawyer about the other woman story and how it was relayed to your CHILD (who was then commanded to LIE about it) and get visitation court ordered with stipulations.

Your lawyer should be getting support in place now. Not a month from now..but NOW. Your husband should be held in contempt for leaving you with no money (con't)
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• BTW! Is the home under both your names? If so then aren't you selling it & spitting the money or is he buying you out? Who says that you have to move? F him!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Wow, who tells an 8 yr old that?!?

You do know how to take screenshots, right? He'll look like a total ass in court.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• and a child to support.

You can mentally divorce yourself from him now, but only YOU can do that. And you have to. Otherwise, the damage he's currently causing will bleed over into your life for years to come. It'll be the ultimate victory for him. And the ultimate defeat for you and your child.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I would get screenshots of that. Divorce attorneys look at social networking sites to check up on 'the enemy'. Make sure you keep any of your searchable pages clean of divorce drama.

I have a good friend that just went through this crap and I have told her all along the way to earn his hatred. He's getting his rocks off by being an ass hole and ruining your life. That is his goal at this point. He is punishing you and doesn't care who gets in the way (namely the children). When he is an ass, be as sugary sweet without giving an inch. If you don't want to keep an eye on his social networking stuff then maybe have someone close to you do it for you, saving screen shots of anything that might be damaging to him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I know you said you don't care about stuff, go for blood, tell your son that is nice, and don't say one word about her to him. I am sick over you SBTX's behavior, but you will be much better off without him.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I can not tell you how sorry I am.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2013