How can I help with her emotional?? development?

IDK if it's emotional or what. What I do know is that after certain movies or activities DD ( just turned 6yo) cries because of not finishing it or because it's over. Is there like a web site that I can do research on how to help her get through this? It enough when we're at home and does it but embarrassing when she's in public and everyone is looking and asking is she okay. Then that causes more tears and attention. Thanks for helping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She is just at that age were she does not want to stop. It will pass.

Answer by louise2 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Does she do the same thing in public and at home? At school? Is this new or has she always been this way?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• This has been going on for almost about a year. It's not all the time. Mainly when it's something that she really likes. If she's watches an Alvin & chipmunks movie she'll come out the room upset because she didn't want it to go off. I remind her that it's a movie and that we can watch it again. But talking to her at home can be difficult to because sometimes it feels like she doesn't want to stop crying. After 3-4 times of me telling her that we can start it over again I get fed up and just send her to her room until she's ready to talk w/o crying. I know I shouldn't get upset but dang. Example of public, last year we went to the princess on ice show and she cried because she didn't want the show to end. She's also gotten upset at school because of not being able to finish watching a movie because it was time for her to go home. The tears don't last as long as in the past but they still happen.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Calm reassurance and know it will pass.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• its normal you have a more sensitive type of child, she is so young still, I have a 6yr old and she is getting better with certain emotions
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Yeah I agree with the others...it will probably pass. My dd is pretty sensitive and emotional and used to do the same thing. But now at 8 she just takes it for what it is and goes on. Mayb she just finally realized that crying over it did get her anywhere I don't know, but it did get better.
    lacyd75

Answer by lacyd75 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2013