Where were you when OKC happened?

I had slept over at my great aunt and woke up to it. It was aweful. I will never forget. My hearts go out for Boston now.

libramoon007

Asked by libramoon007 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't recall for OKC. I woke up to 9/11, and I'll never forget that. The newscast was pointing out last night that America is better equipped to deal with these terrorist type things now, over ten years post 9/11. That might be true as far as having better trained professionals and CIA agents, but it's still freaking depressing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I don't think anyone will remember it unless they lived here at the time. Nobody ever remembers things about OK LOL. Record breaking tornado wind speeds, worst act of domestic terrorism in history, whatev LOL. Not to make a joke out of it, but I just think people care more now than they did back then, and I think a lot of that has to do with 9/11. Also social media helps people give out support when stuff like this happens.

I was at home, just horrified.
    Anonymous

• At work, listening to the radio - all the talking heads were sure it was payback for Waco
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• i was in a small town in southern New Mexico...about 2 months away from moving to OKC. i was 10 and scared outta my mind that we were moving to a place that had bombings. i didnt understand what a freak thing it was.

NP the talking heads musta been smarter back then...to actually be right about something!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I don't remember specifically but based on the date and time I would have been in school. I was a freshman in high school in April 1995.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• At work passing by the surgery waiting room and saw it on the tv. Went back to my dept and turned on the radio.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Sitting at my desk at work, in Denver. A co-worker called and asked if I'd heard. It didn't quite sink in as to what she was saying.

Strangely enough, in early 1998 I was in a lamaze class and the first one was cancelled, because the instructor had jury duty. It was the jury that convicted Terry Nichols.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I was at home with a newborn watching it all.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• OH- and that newborn was in Boston yesterday....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Alrught I hope PGA
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2013