Ever met a weirdo on cafemom?

I met another mother here on Cafemom and we talked on the computer and emailed...she sounded real nice and we had things in common... then she sends me a letter asking all kinds of information like what color hair I have, what eye color I have, my anniversary, birthday, my kid's birthday, what DH does for work...etc...
DH got freaked out and said it sounds like she 's into identity theft...what do you think? Sounds kinda weird, huh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes I have meet a werido from here. At first she seems to be a really nice person but then she started to get weird asking too many questions personal ones that i didn't feel comfortable with at all. So I tried to distance myself from her and was honest and being nice her telling her how i felt but it didn't help it just made things worst. Then when I was going though my mc she asked me if I really was pregnant and started harssing me on here telling other moms i was evil, a liar and can't be trusted.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Only when I first came on to CM & someone did a friend invite & it turned out to be a lady that sells natural cleaning supplies & only wanted me to buy from her. Other than that, I'll only converse with the regulars that I am familiar with.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I don't know, maybe she was just trying to be friendly. If she wanted your bank account info or your Social Security number, that would be identity theft. If you don't feel comfortable, though, don't answer.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Not on here but when Yahoo groups was active I met a lady.
    we emailed and talked on the phone for months but she did not share any pictures. Than I did not hear from her for awhile and when I did it was an invite to add her on FB. Still she never shared any pictures and was always leaving the country but did not work or ever have money.
    She was always opening and closing FB accounts, said she was being stalked by exes, and eventually I just stopped talking to her.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I met a woman on CM from around here; we had a play date for our kids. Then I never heard from her again. That was weird to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Sounds way too nosy to me... how uncomfortable.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 9:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I've never personally met one of the moms here. But, there are a few I'd love to meet in Vegas. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Yeah. It was really nosy and extremely weird. I just figured she was kinda "backward" and didn't really know how to relate to others well. The letter reminded me of the way a 4th grader asks questions when they want to meet someone. Really juvenile...but also weird.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• I looked up some of the groups this woman was in...and she was in a group called Pen pals...evidentally she has written to other "lonely" moms. Wonder if she asked them weird questions.
    She also said she was really interested in getting to know me and wanted to meet me in person.
    I was afraid she was really a man, but DH looked her up (He's in Law Enforcement, so he can do that) and she really is a woman... IDK.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• yes
    It take somone real special to be even emailing
    Thats prob exactly what she was up too
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2013