I think I officially HATE iTunes

With tax return money hubby and I bought ourselves some better radios for our cars. We've been having trouble getting music to play from a USB drive on said radio. I FINALLY figured out what the problem is.

We imported most of our CD library into iTunes, using their default setting: AAC or MPEG4/m4a formatting. This formatting is not recognized by my car stereo. So now, I have to sit here and wait, and wait, and wait for iTunes to convert everything to MP3 formatting so that my car will read it. This is about 300 (or more) CD's at roughly 15 songs each that have to convert.

Sigh

How's YOUR day been?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 9:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2013 in Technology

• iTunes pisses me off, too.
    My day was good. I got good medical news today.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• The ONLY reason I'm not tring to chole iTunes out right now is that it's a fairly easy process (thanx ehow.com) to convert all the files.

What's the good news? (PM me if you don't want to tell everyone)
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• freaking iTunes.
    i have a turntable converter to digital. it HAS to log into iTunes.
    I am a 21st century gal. I really dont want to wait 10 mins for iTunes to load, commander all my photos and ask if I want to upload my entire windows music library

feel your pain
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• iTunes really can be a PITA!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Wow, Rosehawk, how long is it going to take to convert all that stuff over?

My experience with Itunes is extremely limited. My stepson downloads songs to his MP3 player, but the price er song seems expensive to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2013

• Looks like quite a while Ballad. It's now been about 2 hours and it's only in the J's of my music library. My husband have well over 500 CD's we've collected over the years. About 70% of them are ripped to iTunes. It's converting ALL the songs, one by one. THEN, I have to go into each and every folder (not the iTunes interface), add the type filter, sort by type, and delete all the mpeg4 files.

On the plus side, all the CD's I rip from here to the end should all be in MP3 format. Yay for small victories.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I haven't updated iTunes in 2 years. My life is better for it. If I didn't need QuickTime on occasion, it wouldn't even be on my computer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2013