How was your your delivery?

I have 5 kids... 2 girls 3 boys...girls are the oldest...natural deliveries ...but my last one...my youngest son ..boy he made me feel pain like no other...but it was a crazy experience but wonderful because I had him...during my induced labor i ended up having them ten mins apart contraction for 14 hrs straight none stop....sometimes when I sit back and think about that day I remember being home mad...because my husband decide to go Virginia with his brother to help promote his brothers music....well ...his loss it end being..on their way driving back they get pulled over by the police and my husband ended up getting arrested for an outstanding ticket in NJ... Now my baby was due in sept...he went with his brother the end of August....so they kept my husband n let everyone else go I was heart broken...so they locked him up called me to make a long story short... NJ State then ended up taking almost two weeks to get him and when they did I went to NJ... Wobbled my fat self to court with a friend...because at that time I had no car..anyways ....we in court and the judge gave him a date to come back n would not release him , I guess the judge wanted to teach him a lesson....I left there n I had a headache a bad one..once I got home I went next door to my friend house n I was telling her my head hurts...she looked at me and says I think you need to go to the hospital because it looks like your body is swelling up...I put my hands in front of me and looked at my legs n immediately knew I was going hospital ASAP...I go hospital they tell me I have to stay and it looks like they mite induce labor...I'm like ok...I'm so sad now...because I went to hospital by myself....now realizing ..I wished I woulda told someone where I was going....but thanks to friends, my friend told my best friend and they came to hospital..so I get induced labor ,every ten mins since than for the next 14 hrs I was having hard strong contraction like He was about to come out...they offered me all kinds of meds n stuff...I turned them away..because with my last 4 lobors where good no problem....I couldn't do it any more I told them yes I want the Epidural shot....I got that and that was the worst...I thought I was gonna have no pain at all....no and yes it eased my pain almost 80%...but I ended up throwing up on myself complications having catheter put in ...I was so drained n stressed cuz hubby wasn't there...at that time I felt like I was going thru it.....so plz share your experience....was it easy or hard?

mrs.MOM34

Asked by mrs.MOM34 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• My first i went into labor naturally, it was hard with all kinds of complications. He ended up getting stuck in the birth canal and thry had to break his shoulder to get him out and he ended up in the nicu for 3 days even though he was 8'9" - he was twice the size of the other babies in there! My 2nd I went into labor naturally, no issues. My 3rd was induced at 38 weeks, no issues. My 4th and 5th were csections - loved it.

Answer by missanc at 6:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• First of all, I"m sorry about all you went through w/ your hubby & the labor & everything, that had to have been really hard on you! But you got through it & that's awesome! My 1st- went in to get induced because they thought she was getting too big,(she ended up being 6 14..) was already at 4cm & didn't know it. 12 hours of labor, made worse by the fact that her sperm donor was an abusive jerk & refused to allow me to have drugs because he didn't want any males in the room & the anistesiologist (sp) was a male. He was also laying on floor & throwing up through 1/2 of it.. =( 2nd- 18 hrs, didn't get drugs because I figured, the 1st one wasn't too bad... he ended up being 8 10!!! lol. Broke all the blood vessels in my face, chest & arms while pushing & ended up looking like I'd had the crap beat out of me after labor... ugh. 3rd- 9 hrs, his heart rate dropped at 9cm & had to have emergency c-section w/ an entire medical
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• student team watching.. lovely =( ... they had to stick me like 13 times for the spinal (which hurt like crazy), spent the next week throwing up, w/ a horrible headache, neck & back pain.. he was 8 11. 4th- started bleeding, spent a wk in the hospital, (had a total placenta prevea) went home on total bedrest for 2wks, then started bleeding again & ended up back in high risk ward for last 6wks. Hubby rarely visited because it was far away, & I was away from my kids, so it was really hard. Had her at 37wks through c-section (they put me out). Couldn't control the bleeding so had to have a hysterectomy, blood transfusions, etc. & didn't get to see her until almost a day later. But she was healthy 6 4. In the end it was of course worth it, for all of them, but they better take goood care of me in my old age, after all that!! =) lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Both of mine were inductions. They were long (41 hours and 36 hours), but not nearly as painful as I expected.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Should be a movie title, THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY, LOL!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I had an emergency C-section after twenty-two hours of labor, but I consider it an awesome delivery because I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who is now a beautiful, curious, active five-year-old. It doesn't get any better than that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2013