If you see a mother smoking outside (even if shes not doing it right by her kids) do you assune she is bad mom?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• nope, however if i see her smoking with her kids in the back seat I do (especially with the windows up!!!)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no at least she is outside.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Haha! I smoke outside of my car and I always feel like a bad mom waiting for a drug deal!!
    Anonymous

• Nope. I DO assume that when she is carrying her child with a cigarrette in hand or driving the car with the kids in the back and is smoking. I also feel that way toward those who smoke while pregnant.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Not at all. As a previous smoker I cannot judge, but I can tell you my parents did not influence me to start smoking. My friends did. I do not think its okay in the house or in the car where they have no choice but to breathe it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• pp i am a smoker and i wont judge others but for me personally i agree with you we dont smoke in our house or car at all
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• outside by herself without the kids around to inhale it .... no
    Anonymous

• Nope sure wouldn't.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The ONLY bad mom is the one who beats her baby.

I do feel sorry for the kids, though...they won't have their mom around as long as they might have otherwise.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I feel bad for the kids but I wouldn't say she's a bad Mom. I feel bad for kids whose parents can't dress them in clothes that don't clash too, but that in no way makes a bad Mom. I feel bad for kids that fall and hurt themselves in the park or the store and I don't think the Mom was a bad Mom either.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009