Update on my SIL allowing my son to spend the night at the neighbors? IDK what to think?

My SIL "supposedly" let my son spend the night at her neighbor's house, without my permission, I have never laid eyes on these people.
I called her last night, and said that I wanted to clear things up about our policy on where my kid spends the night.
She said he DID NOT spend the night there.
I asked my son again, swears up and down he did, described the room, bunk beds etc.
I am conflicted about what happened.
He was worried that I was mad, so it would have been easier for him to say it didn't happen, but he stuck with the story.
I think we will not do overnights unless my brother is at home, IDK?

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 11:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• Easy enough ay to find out. Go over to where your sister lives and have your son take you to the house that he slept in. Talk to the ady of the house.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I'm with you. I don't think I'd do any more sleepovers unless your brother is home. What would be your son's motive to lie?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Why on earth would she lie? She's just alienated herself from you by doing this.
    Thankfully your son was honest about his sleepover and now you know the truth.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I would believe your kid, he has no reason to lie. She does, she maybe fears that since she broke the rule you will not allow him over there anymore and trying to cover her ass.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I would believe my child's word over hers and would be wary about letting him stay the night again.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 11:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2013